| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Best practice for storage of projects and libraries - consolidation

Operafan , 04-08-2021, 10:40 AM
Hello Robert,
hope that my message/question find you healthy in these difficult times;

I used over the years different Altium versions from 18 to now 21; I created different projects and had to create custom libraries and load also a lot of standard ones. Between hot working phases I always encountereed the issue that libraries are not available (can not be found, must be loaded, etc,).... also after upgrading the product..

Following silly beginner question:

Is there a good rule of thumb/best practice how to manage libraries (custom and vendor-specific) so that these are available and loaded / loadable also thru prodcut upgrades, etc.? Same for projects ...

many thanks in advance,
Adrian
robertferanec , 04-09-2021, 04:25 AM
Honestly, I have not found a great solution for libraries. I have similar issues - trying all the kind of techniques. I am currently experimenting with Altium 365 which I like a lot, just I am not very happy building libraries in Altium cloud as I am worried that I would have to keep paying subscription forever. However A365 is very comfortable to use ... too comfortable, that is why I like it a lot.
mnpebm , 04-14-2021, 07:13 AM
Yes. Too comfortable. I like that. I just need to add A365 as a "necessary" expense each year.
qdrives , 04-14-2021, 10:08 AM
See my comment in this post: https://designhelp.fedevel.com/forum...-library-setup
I only use the schematic and footprint libraries.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?