| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Schematic Library Batch Alteration

WhoKnewKnows , 05-08-2021, 05:49 AM
Hi Folks,

If I have a .SchLib file with a larger number of components, how can I change a property in every component?

For example, the font for the reference designator is typically Times New Roman by default. If I have 100 parts in the library, and wanted to change the font of the reference designators to something else, is there a way to apply that font setting to all of the parts' reference designators at once VS editing the reference designator font setting per part?
qdrives , 05-08-2021, 02:57 PM
There is Tools -> Parameter manager, but I so not think that you can change the font through that.
But are the font settings already "manual"? If not, then change the default setting in the preferences.
robertferanec , 05-10-2021, 05:01 AM
Try SCHLIB List Panel (do not forget to select ALL COMPONETS) - there you can change also fonts for different objects:

WhoKnewKnows , 05-10-2021, 05:59 AM
Excellent! I'll try it!

I think you have found just what I'm looking for. I can get this list to show the designator font types of all of the parts, but not the size. I think it's just a matter of selecting the right column to add to the list. Thanks! When I get a chance to mess with this I will report back.
qdrives , 05-13-2021, 09:14 AM
@robertferanec Nice.

@WhoKnewKnows The size if after the font name, just increase the width of the column.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?