| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Creating a project template

Tom Yunghans , 05-08-2021, 06:39 PM
I would like to create a "project template" in the A365 workspace using an existing design on my local drive. I am using the newest version (21.3.2) of AD. The Altium documentation (https://www.altium.com/documentation...t-templates-ad) describes two ways to create a project template, "Direct Editing" and "Saving an Existing Project to the Server as a Template". Since I have an existing project which is close to what I want for a template, I attempted to follow the directions. One of the last steps is using the command "Project >> Save to server as template". The documentation even shows a snapshot of the pulldown menu. The problem is that I don't see that option in my computer. I have attached a snapshot from the documentation and also the one from my computer.

Does anyone have any idea as to why I don't have that "Save to server as template" option in my Project pulldown?

Here is the snapshot from the documentation:

Here is the one from my computer.
robertferanec , 05-10-2021, 05:25 AM
I only used templates the way, that I copied them manually through the Explorer panel. Maybe that could be also a way?

PS: I checked my Altium, I do not have that option too.
Tom Yunghans , 05-10-2021, 07:11 AM
Hi Robert, Thank you for responding. Do you have AD Standard or Pro? I was thinking maybe this option might only be available in the Pro Version.
robertferanec , 05-10-2021, 07:14 AM
I have Pro ... they keep changing everything ... so I would not be surprised if it was in some AD versions and now they change it somehow.
Tom Yunghans , 05-10-2021, 08:00 AM
Hi Robert, I just got off the help line. They moved the command to the "File" menu. Apparently it used to be on the "Project" menu. The documentation has not been updated.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?