| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium 21, highlighting pin won't stay highlighted when cursor is moved

miner_tom , 05-13-2021, 09:41 PM
Been having a lot of trouble adjusting to some of the changes in Altium 21.

i have "live highlighting" selected in PCB Editor -> Board Insight Display . And, yes, when I place the cursor over a pin or pad the other pads on that net do highlight however lightly. But when the cursor is moved, even though I may have selected that pad, the hightlighting on the other pins goes away.

Also, the masking effect of the View ->Increase mask Level , or using the bracket shortcut, does not seem to work in a consistent manner.

Thank You
Tom
WhoKnewKnows , 05-14-2021, 04:59 AM
I'm not familiar with that feature, but I use Ctrl+click on an object to highlight all of the objects on the same net (dims everything else). Shift+C will undo this affect (or right click and select Clear Filter)

With nothing selected (shift+C), look to the View Options tab of the View Configuration panel, there's a section called Mask and Dim settings that allows me to adjust the various methods of visual isolation.

Hope this helps
miner_tom , 05-14-2021, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by WhoKnewKnows
I'm not familiar with that feature, but I use Ctrl+click on an object to highlight all of the objects on the same net (dims everything else). Shift+C will undo this affect (or right click and select Clear Filter)

With nothing selected (shift+C), look to the View Options tab of the View Configuration panel, there's a section called Mask and Dim settings that allows me to adjust the various methods of visual isolation.

Hope this helps
Thank you. Yes, it worked as you say. I must have been up too late last night.

Tom
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?