| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Polygon Solid Fill Not Working Properly in Altium Designer

Hari , 05-15-2021, 05:39 PM
Hi All,

I am Intermediate in Altium Designer,
Currently i am working on a design which is 6 Layers, when i pour the polygon on bottom and other signal layers using solid fill option its properly pouring,
but when i pour polygons on top layer the solid fill option is not working ,if anyone had this type of issue in Altium kindly help me out,
i am struggling to get the solution for this
Only outline of the polygon getting visible, polygon not pouring properly only on top layer

My Polygon settings are attached

Thanks for your great help.
WhoKnewKnows , 05-15-2021, 06:10 PM
It looks like it might be a small polygon. Experiment with some of the polygon settings, like minimum neck, etc. The usual values for these settings tend to interfere with filling small polygons
Hari , 05-15-2021, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by WhoKnewKnows
It looks like it might be a small polygon. Experiment with some of the polygon settings, like minimum neck, etc. The usual values for these settings tend to interfere with filling small polygons
Thanks for your kind reply, i have tried all the settings nothing useful , i spent more than a day to resolve this , if you have nay idea pls tell me
WhoKnewKnows , 05-15-2021, 07:59 PM
You have it set to Pour over same net polygons only in the screenshot. Try setting it to pour over same net objects. Also try moving the polygon to another location. Good luck 🤞
robertferanec , 05-17-2021, 04:28 AM
I agree with @WhoKnewKnows, it looks like it is something with parameters of the polygon, probably it is too small, so it is removed. So do not forget to uncheck "Remove islands less ..."
WhoKnewKnows , 05-17-2021, 05:09 AM
I think it may be the setting in the screenshot I attach here. When set to pour over same net polygons only, it will not pour over anything unless it's a polygon set to the same net.

Otherwise, sometimes I move the polygon to another location just to see if that affects filling, then I can work on whatever is blocking it from filling.

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?