| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium acquisition

rajat_jain_785 , 06-07-2021, 09:53 PM
I just learnt that altium is getting acquired by Autodesk.

Do you think price of altium will now decrease given the fact that most softwares of autodesk are economically priced.

Any comments on that ?
robertferanec , 06-07-2021, 10:46 PM
Now, this is an interesting news. Let's see where this goes.

PS: I do not think it will immediately change something, but definitely it is a news which may mix up with Altium's future. I still remember how Eagle used to be one of the most popular softwares before Autodesk acquired them ...
VUHA , 06-08-2021, 01:06 AM
If you have a competitor, acquire them. As Altium did it with PCAD.

PS: As I know Altium has rejected them. Altium feels at the top.
Paul van Avesaath , 06-08-2021, 01:19 AM
well they delcined a 3.9 billion dollar offer.. but are willing to accept a better offer.. so who knows.. in any case.. try and get your stand alone license in order as soon as possible.

rajat_jain_785 , 06-08-2021, 01:57 AM
Looks like Altium has some path breaking features ready for their future releases. Hence, they are getting wary of the acquisition. The offer was increased ot 5 billion and still rejected.
IC Design companies, especially place and route will do autoroute for ICs with billions of gates .... the same can sure be done for PCBs. A single person will handle millions of gate based designs alone for place and route.
Integration of advanced Spice simulator and EM simulator with PCB tool is another area where advances are likely.
Looking forward to hearing more news on altium acquisition front.
robertferanec , 06-08-2021, 03:34 AM
There was a rumor a couple of years ago, that Altium would like to be bought ... so it was not surprising for me.

PS: It will be interesting to watch the price game
Paul van Avesaath , 06-08-2021, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by rajat_jain_785
IC Design companies, especially place and route will do autoroute for ICs with billions of gates .... the same can sure be done for PCBs.
there are only two kind of people who like autorouters.. those who do not know what they are doing and those who sell autorouters
Comments:
rajat_jain_785, 06-08-2021, 05:29 AM
What i mean is auto-routing inside the IC in silicon, not on the board
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?