| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Meander / accordion / "zig-zag" pour

Regen Hal , 06-21-2021, 12:44 PM
Dear Fedevel members,

I would like to ask a little help.
I have to design an anti tamper flex PCB wich is basically one continuos "zig-zag" tarce. The main issue is the board shape and the cutouts, it's very tricky.
The outline has no paralell sides and there are 30+ round cutouts (dia. 15-50mm) in the middle.
I've tried to "fill" the board with the accordion length tuning function, but it can't "embreace" the round cutouts.
The board size is roughly 300mm x 400mm the trace width is 2mm and the gap between them are also 2mm.
Does anyone have any idea how can altium "fill" a board with a meandering pattern automatically?

Thank you for your help in advance.
WhoKnewKnows , 06-22-2021, 07:25 PM
Perhaps you'll have an easier time drawing or creating the shape in a mechanical cad app, export as DXF or some such, then import into Altium, then convert to a copper region? You could do this in a footprint and place smt pads at each end. 🤷 Good luck 🤞
robertferanec , 06-26-2021, 02:02 AM
@Regen Hal, interesting. I do not really have any specific answer, but I am just curious how this will work?

PS: I guess, when someone cuts the line something will happen. But I do not know how this could be used.
Regen Hal , 06-26-2021, 09:45 AM
I'm still try to figure it out.
But WhoKnewKnows idea is very good, thanks
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?