| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

PCB Later View Option!

JohnsonMiller , 07-11-2021, 08:08 AM
The current AD setting has two modes for PCB layer view, on or off; I wish it was possible to add a third option to dim a specific layer.
Under "Mask and Dimm Settings" we have options but affect all layers, I need control over individual layers.
Any suggestion?
WhoKnewKnows , 07-11-2021, 08:41 AM
In 2D view,. I use transparency settings to fade the silkscreen layers. Otherwise they're a bit too bright and distracting. I use this a little bit on copper layers. This creates a sort of stained glass effect, so an object on one layer doesn't entirely obscure objects on other layers.

I can right click on the layer name tabs at the bottom of the workspace and select highlight to highlight that entire layer.

You can also use the Find similar objects function to build a query that will isolate a certain group of objects which can be revealed to you by masking or highlighting, etc.
WhoKnewKnows , 07-11-2021, 08:46 AM
Another nice use of transparency is on 3D view. You can adjust the transparency of the solder mask to slightly reveal the outer copper layers to get more realistic views
robertferanec , 07-12-2021, 01:49 AM
I create Layer Sets ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I2T...ndex=3&t=1202s ) and then use SHIFT+S
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?