| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Trace via shielding issue.

fabiobarcelos , 07-19-2021, 07:17 AM
Hi everyone,

I having a problem shielding traces, when I select the name of the net in the dialog box (see picture 1) regarding the traces, the vias fence doesn't build along completely by the trace, and stop to build of in the half path. The copper by the trace is GND, and the vias are connected to that ground creating a fence.

The reason for to create this, is because the RF components are in the same layer of that 2 layers board.
I've checked the rules for that and didn't find anything could cause that. I trayed other was as select the the traces as objects instead select nets, although the same problem happens.

I appreciate if you could help guys with any comments.

Thanks a lot.
BR
WhoKnewKnows , 07-19-2021, 10:01 PM
Hi,

Instead of naming the net, try selecting all objects that you want the vias to surround, then in the via shielding dialog, using the selected objects function?
TBH, sometimes it doesn't work well and you have to help it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ You can copy a via from the via shield group and paste it where shield vias are missing, and the pasted via will be part of the shield via group. You can also use Move-slection to move a via in the shield via group. Delete works too. Hope this helps.

Oh, also, if your shield vias are through hole vias, then there needs to be a clear path for Altium to place the vias. If there's an obstruction for you to place them manually, then Altium won't bother placing them there automatically.
Comments:
fabiobarcelos, 07-20-2021, 10:10 AM
Hi,Thanks for replying quick.I've tried to select the whole trace and then check the checkbox in the vias stitching dialogue for selected objects function, but the same problem happened. Yeah, I think this function really doesn't in this particular case, I don't know why.However the last information that you mentioned is that I didn't try, maybe there is some obstructions hided in the path.Thanks a lot for your help.BR
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?