| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

altium component placment

amit patel , 09-09-2021, 07:59 AM
can't put component left and bottom side of origin / or outside of board area left and bottom side. when i put components automatically its back inside board. it problem to place over hanging components to board edge like antenna and side connectors.

you can see in video...
WhoKnewKnows , 09-09-2021, 07:03 PM
This is a well documented difficulty with Altium. Altium has an absolute origin and cartesian coordinate system that's not immediately apparent to the user. Your PCB and PCB origin point is too far "down" and too far to the "left" . You just need to move the PCB and PCB origin "up" and to the "right" a little bit so that all of the work you do is in the +X and +Y quadrant of Altium's coordinate system.

As I recall if you use the command "reset origin" Altium will place your PCB origin point at its internal coordinate origin point. I suggest moving your board design and PCB origin well above and to the right of this. You may want space around your board for drawing frame and to place parts that you're getting ready to put on the PCB, etc. Good luck.
amit patel , 09-09-2021, 10:21 PM
thanks...

I getting point what you say... moving board and origin uo and right side so, can put components...

thanks

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?