| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

error with git and push in altium

MosioNIC , 09-18-2021, 07:08 AM
I watched your video about git on YouTube.every things are ok but when I want push with altium, altium want my username and password.i entered my git hub user name and password but I get an error that I attached to this massage.can you help me?
robertferanec , 09-20-2021, 02:41 AM
I have seen this message before, but I do not remember exactly how I fixed it. However, there are some Altium versions which do not work well with github. Are you using the latest Altium version?
MosioNIC , 09-20-2021, 03:28 AM
hi master
i use 21.0.9
Upgrade it to last version?
robertferanec , 09-20-2021, 04:01 AM
Maybe, try to update.

PS: Also, I believe, github disabled password authentication by default .. maybe that could also be a problem? This may help to enable it: https://docs.github.com/en/github/au...l-access-token
MosioNIC , 09-20-2021, 04:14 AM
so how i can login to my git hub with Altium with access token?
robertferanec , 09-20-2021, 04:16 AM
The link I attached above explains how to use it with password.
MosioNIC , 09-24-2021, 03:10 AM
hi master
I updated my Altium but the last error is available.
should I update my Github to pro?

MosioNIC , 09-24-2021, 03:58 AM
what is your GIT extension version on your Altium?
WhoKnewKnows , 09-24-2021, 07:11 PM
You might consider installing Github Desktop on the PC where you plan to use Altium with github. If you can set up and manage your local repository with Github Desktop, it at least indicates the issue you face is only with Altium and not your PC's ability to connect to github, etc.
robertferanec , 09-27-2021, 07:17 AM
I agree with @WhoKnewKnows, just try it outside of Altium first. PS: You should be able to use it with the free github.
MosioNIC , 09-29-2021, 11:41 PM
hi maters
i solve this
i use token instead of github password and WOW
thanks robert

i record a video on youtube for persian users
👋 سلام!به اپیسود یازدهم از آموزش های Master Of Altium که من اون هارو ضبط میکنم و سعی میکنم زود به زود منتشر کنم ،خوش اومدید.🎯 هدفم اینه با استفاده از این ...
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?