| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

The BOM template has been replaced -Altium 20.2

Linh Tran , 10-16-2021, 07:50 AM
Hello all,
When I export the BOM file using my BOM template, I uncheck all of the choices listed below.
But I'm not sure why the BOM template was replaced after I exported.

If there is a missing step or if my settings are incorrect, please advise on how to correct it.

I hope everyone understands; I'm new to Altium and English isn't my first language.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Any response would be beneficial.
robertferanec , 10-18-2021, 02:22 AM
Please, could you be more specific, how was it replaced? The template in your screenshot says: "No Template".
Linh Tran , 10-18-2021, 10:31 PM
Hi sir,
The template in my screenshot says: "No Template". It's an issue, and I'm not sure if others are experiencing the same difficulties as me. Even if Altium has gotten the template, it will show No template or nothing.
This is my Bom Template

And when I export the BOM. The file BOM is successfully exported, however the BOM template has changed to file BOM. It means I won't be able to use the BOM template again in the future.
BOM
BOM template
I tried the "Relative Path to Template File" option, but nothing changes or happens. Could you kindly clarify what the "Relative Path to Template File" option means?

I fixed the problem by changing the local path. I think folder path project relative to OneDrive is the problem, although I chose "Always keep this device".

Thank you for your response, Sir. It was really useful to me.
qdrives , 10-21-2021, 05:15 PM
A template should be a .xlsTfile. If you just use xlsX it is not not fault of Altium that your template is replaced, but Excel's fault.
Use File / Save-as and select Excel Template to save it as template.
I may be mistaken on the Excel part as I do not use Excel myself.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?