| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Alterante version parts colliding - how to approach this, and set up DRC

aoreskovic , 10-18-2021, 08:30 AM
Hi,

I am making a board for my company that uses either AGX Xavier from Nvidia, or NX Xavier from Nvidia. Not the neatest design choice, but with current supply issues around the world, we decided it was the best option.

The problem we ran into is not being able to turn off collisions. First example in the images is the connectors - they overlap, but there is no collision when just one is mounted. Second Example is high speed RGMII path selection resistors. Third problem where this occurs is Co-layout of 0R resistors and differential cokes on USB SS lines.

I tried setting Rule for component collisions within same Component Class to 0mil, but that doesn't work, since Collision is less than 0 mil.

qdrives , 10-21-2021, 05:09 PM
You could create to component classes, VarA and VarB. Then in the design rules for component clearance you add a (higher priority) rule that states "where the first objects matches" VarA and for the second match you select VarB. For this rule set the distance(s) to 0.
New in AD21 (I see it here first) perhaps the "Do not check components without 3D body" option will help you.
robertferanec , 10-23-2021, 01:35 AM
We use the optional resistors a lot and I always set DRC exception between specific components. You can have a look how it is done for example in our iMX6Rex Baseboard Development project: https://www.imx6rex.com/application/...lopment-board/

However, I have never tried to set the rules based on classes. So I am not sure what would be the exact rule for that.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?