| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

PCB filter: how highlight pads on an especific class, with net but unrouted

dissenyadorpcb , 11-05-2021, 03:56 AM
Hello, I have read the post (Automatic color of single pin nets 10-25-2019) and the answer is very close to what I need now. However, it does not solve my problem. I need to create a filter that highlights those pads of a specific class that have net, but no track has been routed yet. The connections in mode show is not the solution. I need to highlight pads with net and unrouted. Please, can anybody help me?
WhoKnewKnows , 11-05-2021, 06:58 PM
Why do you need this? What are you trying to do? What is it that you're trying to accomplish?

qdrives , 11-06-2021, 10:48 AM
Are the ratsnets not the thing for that? View / Connection / Show All. (or N S A)
Comments:
WhoKnewKnows, 11-06-2021, 12:31 PM
Good point
dissenyadorpcb , 11-06-2021, 02:11 PM
Hello, first of all I say you thanks for your answer.

Of course, I know how to activate the connections. Let me explain. I have a pcb with 18 layers, all the connections must be made without any via (it is a backpanel with more than 14 DIN connectors). There are many restrictions between classes (there are 12 classes). I have to choose very well in which layer to route each track. Connection lines (visually) do not help me to move quickly. On the other hand, when I work with the highlighting option I advance much faster. My problem is that I have to do it (to highlight by class and unrouted pad) manually and I waste time. This is why I want a filter that highlight pads + class + unrouted.

Thanks for advance.
WhoKnewKnows , 11-06-2021, 06:15 PM
Are you familiar with query language? If you right click on an object, such as a pad in a class, you can select find similar, then tune a simple filtering dialog to select what you want. You can set this dialog to create a query to use in query language. This should give you a hint on how to construct a query statement that will highlight what you want, if constructing from the find similar dialog doesn't do it. Good luck..
robertferanec , 11-07-2021, 01:18 AM
I don't think there is a filter which can be used to find unrouted pads with a netname assigned (but I may be wrong).

I would probably create smaller classes, so I could easily check the connections by eye when that class would be highlighted.
dissenyadorpcb , 11-07-2021, 04:05 AM
I have spent several hours applying Mr @WhoKnewKnows advice, but without success. I really think that what you tell me, Robert, is correct: there isn't any filter wich can use to find unrouted pads with a netname assigned. Create multiple classes aren't the solution, because I am constantly routing part of this classes.. and then again I have the same problem.
I am thinking on another solution, my be if I "put a mark" (an innocuous atribute) in all pads full routed (every time I route a pad I put that mark on it), then the filter will be possible (maybe)
filter: (IsPad AND InNetClass('xxxxxx')) and NOT "new attribute". Now I am looking for any mark innocuous for this.

Thank you very much.
qdrives , 11-11-2021, 04:53 PM
Again coming to ratsnets - you can assign different colors to different nets.
From the PCB panel select the net class, select the nets, right-click and select change net color.

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?