| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Footprint primitive pad moving on board

Lakshamana Balakrishnan , 11-10-2021, 02:20 AM
HI Robert,
I am facing some issue Footprint Primitives like pad getting moved while we do update on movement. is there any setttings preferences to fix it by not change.

qdrives , 11-15-2021, 12:07 PM
As @robertferanec mentioned: make sure that the primitives are locked.

​​​​​​​
amit patel , 11-11-2021, 04:35 AM
Hello,

May be its moved when you update footprint, because its shown after update foot print.so, check in pcb library when you update.
WhoKnewKnows , 11-12-2021, 05:24 PM
I vaguely remember running into this before. I can't help you with what setting may prevent movement of primitives within a footprint. I can recommend that you use the selection filter according to the task you're performing. EG: If you're only arranging parts on the PCB, you don't really have a need to select primitives within a footprint, so turn off selecting everything you won't need to select. Maybe only have selecting components enabled. Then, when you click anywhere on a component, you'll always select the entire component before dragging. If you have selecting pads enabled, then there's a risk your click and drag will select the pad and move it WRT the footprint.
robertferanec , 11-15-2021, 01:42 AM
This looks like you have primitives for that component unlocked. When you are in PCB, select the component and in the properties panel find: Primitives. Is it locked or unlocked?
qdrives , 11-15-2021, 12:07 PM
As @robertferanec mentioned: make sure that the primitives are locked.

​​​​​​​
Lakshamana Balakrishnan , 11-15-2021, 09:02 PM
Yes as @robertferanec mentioned, Primitives unlocked. Now I rectified it. Thank you so much all of you.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?