| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Text boundary

Lakshamana Balakrishnan , 11-16-2021, 08:54 PM
Hello, Whenever i reduce the text size and the boundary of the text size does not reducing. This make silk text DRC's in PCB. I need to adjust manually everytime. Any preference settings for that,Please suggest me
qdrives , 11-17-2021, 04:32 PM
I do not have this problem...
How do you change the size?
On what layer is the text?
On the PCB or in library?

However, if you select True Type, then you can also select "Inverted".
Once you have selected that, there are size parameters with the string. And it will stay that way even if the option is disabled. The solution is remove the string and place a new one that does not have the size parameters.

Lakshamana Balakrishnan , 11-17-2021, 09:36 PM
@qdrives

How do you change the size?- my problem is if i adjusted Text Height, that size( Width/Height) not updating according to that new size. Due to that In PCB, I am getting Silk text to Outline errors even if it is correct size with old boundary box. So i usually adjusting size( Width/Height) by manually based on text height.

On what layer is the text?-silk overlay

On the PCB or in library?-Both cases
qdrives , 11-18-2021, 02:58 PM
@Lakshamana Balakrishnan if you place a new string, does the properties panel show you the height and width immediately?
The "Size (Width/Height) section does not appear on my end until I do what I described above.
Lakshamana Balakrishnan , 11-19-2021, 12:32 AM
@qdrives Thanks for the support
Comments:
qdrives, 11-21-2021, 08:57 AM
So, does a new text string have the size as well or not?In other words, has your problem been solved?
Lakshamana Balakrishnan , 11-21-2021, 08:48 PM
Yes, New string will work correctly. But i come up with solution for existing string size by editing Size (Width/Height) Globally also when Updating text.
qdrives , 11-25-2021, 03:00 PM
Is updating in and from the library an option?
Lakshamana Balakrishnan , 11-25-2021, 08:49 PM
I can't understand your question? Breif please?
qdrives , 11-27-2021, 10:04 AM
If you update the symbols in the library and then update the schematic from the library, all text should be updated.
Lakshamana Balakrishnan , 11-30-2021, 09:30 PM
Yes @qdrives , Your idea works for me. Thanks
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?