| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Squeeze KeepOut Layer

JohnsonMiller , 12-08-2021, 03:17 AM
Hi Guys,
I am working on a mechanical layer and need to put it away from the board edge, so need to create a squeezed shape of the keep-out layer. The keep-out layer is complex and rigid/flex form, so recreating it is difficult. I was wondering is it possible to use the keep-out layer as a base and create a squeezed form? Let's assume 0.5mm smaller in all directions?
Regarding conductive layers, it can be done by clearance constraint, but for mechanical layers, I do not know how to apply it!
Regards,
robertferanec , 12-11-2021, 02:06 AM
This may help you: How To Use Follow Contour Routing Mode | Altium Designer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqOSDJkASRA
JohnsonMiller , 12-18-2021, 06:10 AM
@robertferanec , thank you for your suggestion, actually I was not aware of that feature, interesting.

But in my case, it is not helping, the reason is those layers and polygons are located in a non-conductive mechanical layer.
I created shapes using geometry data and working.

Now got another problem, layer type is the coating top/bottom, it is a kind of extra protection which will be glued over solder mask. But I can not add it to the stack-up, so no showing it in the layer legend and the calculated board thickness is not correct, any help?
robertferanec , 12-20-2021, 02:34 AM
- you can copy/move objects (tracks, polygons, etc) between layers. You can draw it on a layer where it is possible and move it to the layer you need to have it on.
- I don't know if you can add extra coating layer into altium stackup. I would just add this info into the manufacturing notes.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?