| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

AD text string

changc365 , 01-10-2022, 07:58 PM
How to make a string that changes with variant?,e.g. in varintA the the string shows NF,in variantB the string shows 10kΩ and in default view,the the string shows nothing.Could I make a formula about it?
WhoKnewKnows , 01-10-2022, 08:25 PM
In what context will the string be used/appear, schematic, BOM, PCB layer?
Comments:
changc365, 01-11-2022, 12:31 AM
In shematic.
qdrives , 01-10-2022, 08:40 PM
With the special strings it should work that way (although I do not know for not fitted components).
How to do special strings... well, I think the @WhoKnewKnows already alluded to that.
Often starting with "=" or "." followed by the parameter name you want to show.
But do know, that generally that data is already shown...
WhoKnewKnows , 01-11-2022, 08:48 AM
Is "NF" supposed to mean Not Fitted?

Altium has a variety of ways to indicate that a component is not fitted on the schematic when a variant is selected and the schematic is exported to PDF or printed. I think default is a big red X covering the body of the schematic symbol when it's not included (not fitted). However, there's a variety of ways this can be indicated. Perhaps you can settle for one of these?
qdrives , 01-13-2022, 09:16 AM
As @WhoKnewKnows mentions: ​with Project -> Variant -> Drawing style you can set how to draw it.
Below screenshot is the default setting. I personally want a red cross with the PCB drawing too.

robertferanec , 01-14-2022, 07:07 AM
The value can change based on variant, but I am not sure if there is an option to change text based on a condition.
WhoKnewKnows , 01-14-2022, 07:24 AM
@changc365 Would you like to provide more info about what you want? What are you trying to accomplish? Could you provide more background info?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?