| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Question about Tutorial 5 for Altium Beginners

Niv_el , 01-19-2022, 04:18 AM
Hello Robert,
My name is Niv, I am a beginning electronics engineer
First of all I want to thank you for your videos and guides, they are very useful !!
I saw your Tutorial 1-5 for Altium Beginners and encountered a problem in video number 5 when I was trying to produce Output job files
I got to 13:01 - Printing Layers into PDF in 1: 1 Scale
In your tutorial, when you add a "Composite" document and right-click on it, a number of options open up, including "Page Setup ...."

When I right-click on "Composite" in my project I do not have the option "Page Setup ...."

Additionally, when you click on the "Configure" option, the "PCB Pinout Properties" window will open.

when i click on the "Configure" option, the window that opens for me is "Preview PCB" and not "PCB Pinout Properties"
In this situation I can not set the layers ...

The same problem recurs when I want to produce "Assembly Drawing" so I can not "adjust the layers" ..

I would like to know if you know the problem and if there is a way to solve it so that I can generate the files properly ..

Thank you very much, looking forward to your reply

Niv
robertferanec , 01-22-2022, 02:27 AM
@Niv_el please, could you add some screenshots? Thank you.
Niv_el , 01-22-2022, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by robertferanec
@Niv_el please, could you add some screenshots? Thank you.
There are four screenshots in the post
You do not see the screenshots in the post ?
Thank you.
WhoKnewKnows , 01-23-2022, 07:00 AM
Hi Niv,

I don't see screenshots in your original post. The large gaps between your paragraphs suggest you meant for the images to appear in line between the paragraphs. I haven't seen this done in this forum before. It may not be possible. Perhaps you can post again with the images attached. Perhaps you can make multiple posts, with each post containing an image or set of images and a corresponding paragraph?

Hope this helps
Niv_el , 01-23-2022, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by WhoKnewKnows
Hi Niv,

I don't see screenshots in your original post. The large gaps between your paragraphs suggest you meant for the images to appear in line between the paragraphs. I haven't seen this done in this forum before. It may not be possible. Perhaps you can post again with the images attached. Perhaps you can make multiple posts, with each post containing an image or set of images and a corresponding paragraph?

Hope this helps
Thank you.
I edited the original post above, I believe you can now see the photos
WhoKnewKnows , 01-23-2022, 07:25 AM
4 screenshots appear to be in the original post ✨👍
Niv_el , 01-27-2022, 12:08 AM
@@robertferanec Can you please help me ? Do you know this problem ?

Thank you.
robertferanec , 01-28-2022, 07:30 AM
@Niv_el I had a look and I found Page setup to be moved inside Configure (there are the same parameters in the General tab):

and they moved the layers inside Pages Tab - click on Edit layers:

Niv_el , 02-01-2022, 03:35 AM
Thank you very much Robert, I'll try this
I will let you know if i have any problems
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?