| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

About strange behavior when selecting a component on a PCB

mulfycrowh , 01-26-2022, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a strange behavior when selecting some components.
Usually when we select a component, it is highlighted and the mouse cursor turns to a cross. Then we can drag it.

Here for some components, when I click on one of them, it is highlighted, the mouse cursor doesn't turn to a cross and when I click LMB a green cross appears far away and when I release the button, Altium places the component where the green cross is.

What does it mean ?
Is Altium infected with COVID ? ...
Thanks.
mulfycrowh , 01-26-2022, 12:28 PM
I noticed that I lost all connections on those components.
So I removed them and made Design > Import the changes from ...

It solved the issue !
JohnsonMiller , 01-26-2022, 12:49 PM
@mulfycrowh , I am dealing with this issue, my design was big board, and unfortunately, noticed it quite late, it took me almost 3 working days to recover and move to the start point.
In my opinion, the issue is far from COVID, almost a CANCER! I Hope Altium takes action and provides medicine soon!
JohnsonMiller , 01-28-2022, 01:29 AM
I saw a much strange case!
I have a design with two versions, V1 and V2. File names and their arrangement are the same but in different folders, If I open the schematic from V2, and PCB from V1, the new AD22.1 does not understand the case and starts passing data and changing the old PCB. Did you notice this issue?
mulfycrowh , 01-28-2022, 03:13 AM
@JohnsonMiller No I didn't
qdrives , 01-28-2022, 08:16 AM
Do you see schematic lines missing after moving? If so, could you also upvote/comment this on bug crunch: https://bugcrunch.live.altium.com/#/bug/17756
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?