| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

VIA Type Report

JohnsonMiller , 02-10-2022, 08:04 AM
Hi Guys,

Wondering, how did the manufacturer get information about the used VIA type? Is it included in the NC-Drill data? Or do we have to add this data to the generated files?
There is an option in the output job file to generate stack-up data, but do you know how we can add VIA information to it?

Draftsman has such a feature, but I am going to add similar information to the PCB itself. Any help?

Regards,
qdrives , 02-10-2022, 10:05 AM
Are you talking about the new IPC via types with tenting, filling, plating, etc.?
As far as I know, the NC--drill data only tell where to drill, not the other process steps.
robertferanec , 02-12-2022, 01:13 AM
If you only mean what layers to drill, they can see it from the drill files - the manufacturing drill files say between what layers the drilling is happening.
JohnsonMiller , 02-13-2022, 12:51 PM
@robertferanec , thank you!
For the stack-up, since it is not included in GERBERs (not sure about ODB++), we have to inform the manufacturer about the detail of it; however, I had doubt indeed, do we need to inform the manufacturer about type of vias, as well?
According to your message, it is included in the NC-Drill.
I also did more study and saw it in the Drill table, type and size of via are included, so sound NC-Drill data should be enough.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?