| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

How to create auxiliary arc

Pixel , 04-15-2022, 05:47 PM

How to create an auxiliary arc on which to place LEDs. I was able to create such auxiliary lines with the guide manager, but I don't know how to make an arc and arrange the LEDs

For example, a photo
WhoKnewKnows , 04-15-2022, 06:57 PM
You might benefit from changing from the usual XY coordinate system to a polar coordinate system if you haven't already done so. Then locate the origin point at the centroid of your desired arcs, then tune snapping to make it easy to position your components on the arcs. In the preferences you can set how much a component rotates when you press the space bar. Good luck
Pixel , 04-16-2022, 09:24 AM
Do you have know any tutorial on yt?
qdrives , 04-16-2022, 09:31 AM
Pixel , 04-16-2022, 10:00 AM
Thank you! It's working. I have next question.
How can I route paths along the new coordinate system?

Is there a hotkey to turn by angle with a given step?
WhoKnewKnows , 04-16-2022, 06:57 PM
Hi Pixel, As you work in Altium, it gives you tips on what you can do with various hot keys at the bottom of the window. Also, you can press F1 key in situ (right as you're routing) to find out about all of the cool stuff you can do and how you can control routing as you route. In this case, I think you might find what you're looking for by pressing the space bar, or perhaps shift+space. IE click to start a route and move the mouse a little and see the way the route wants to bend. Now press space, or shift space and watch how the route bend method changes. I think there's one that lets you route in an arc shape. Good luck
qdrives , 04-17-2022, 12:40 PM
Doesn't Altium call it any-angle? Anyhow, Like @WhoKnewKnows said, Shift-space to cycle the styles.
Press tab during routing for the properties. There you can pick and tune everything.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?