| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

About how to fully fill the gaps on a polygon pour

mulfycrowh , 04-20-2022, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone,

The attached screenshot shows everything.
AD21 only puts "tracks" to tie the polygon pour to the matching nets.
Those areas involve high current and I would like to fully fill the gaps on the whole area.

How is it possible ?
It cannot be a general process because on other regions I don't necessarily want to do so.

Thanks.
WhoKnewKnows , 04-20-2022, 07:48 PM
If you select a component pad and view the properties panel, look to the Pad Stack section and check the check box next to Thermal Relief to make it "Direct" This should let you control direct VS spoke connection per component pad.

Also, take a look in Design>Rules in the Plane section there's a sub section called Polygon Connect Style. In there, you can write a rule that controls how pads connect to polygons so you don't have to change the setting of component pads one by one. See also Power Plane Connect Style in the same section. Good luck!
mulfycrowh , 04-20-2022, 11:59 PM
@WhoKnewKnows Thank you very much!
In my case I will choose the approach for each pad: it is a battery pack charger. There are a few pads involved.
mulfycrowh , 04-21-2022, 03:36 PM
Sometimes the border of the gaps is not a differentiable function as you can see on the attached screenshot.
I know this is a particular case because of the rectangular pad but is there a way to solve it or not ?

Thanks.
WhoKnewKnows , 04-21-2022, 07:51 PM
This looks like when the polygon shape has a corner and the copper doesn't fill all the way to the corner. You have to mess with the polygon settings like minimum island size and the others in that area of settings. You can also grab the polygon vertex with your mouse, and while dragging it, use shift+space to change the way the polygon corner is managed. Hope this helps
mulfycrowh , 04-22-2022, 12:03 AM
I have no access on the polygons defining those circular shapes.
I have only access to the polygons located on the border of the polygon pour.
Comments:
WhoKnewKnows, 04-22-2022, 07:28 PM
Could you restate? I don't know what this means. Perhaps if you select the polygon and take a screenshot with the polygon selected? Then, perhaps I can see the vertices
qdrives , 04-22-2022, 09:17 AM
What if you make the pads (3 and 4) a rounded rectangle? You could the the rounding to 1% if you prefer rectangles.
WhoKnewKnows , 04-22-2022, 07:30 PM
I think I see now. As mentioned, please experiment with the polygon settings.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?