| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

BGA fanout

Shahriar sakib , 04-25-2022, 01:09 PM
What is the better way to do BGA fanout? In altium there are some options to do fanout easily and quickly using components fanout. . Which is better?? Place via into BGA pad manually or use component fanout features?
ypkdani , 04-26-2022, 12:52 AM
Hello Shahriar, here a guide from Robert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNzwtFeE8HE
Comments:
Shahriar sakib, 04-26-2022, 01:03 AM
This is good. But... I would like to know if it would be better to manually place the via in BGA or would it be better to do it with the component fanout option in altium? Component fanout option can be easily via place. But manually place is not good?
ypkdani , 04-26-2022, 01:13 AM
I think with manually fanout you can optimize better the few space that there is under the chip, expeccialy for the power supply area
robertferanec , 04-26-2022, 01:54 AM
I would like to know if it would be better to manually place the via in BGA or would it be better to do it with the component fanout option in altium? Component fanout option can be easily via place. But manually place is not good?
- @Shahriar sakib you would like us to say, that automatic fanout is better
Comments:
Shahriar sakib, 04-26-2022, 02:01 AM
Manually fanout is better 👌isn’t it? 😃 I mean Manually place via in BGA...
robertferanec , 04-26-2022, 02:05 AM
@Shahriar sakib yes, I believe, bga fanout done manually is better.
Comments:
Shahriar sakib, 04-26-2022, 02:08 AM
Thanks.... 😊
mulfycrowh , 05-01-2022, 09:42 AM
Very often some balls are unused and you can optimize the routing while doing it manually.
What I also do is to change the schematic to optimize the routing.
At the time of writing the schematic, it is impossible to see that the routing will be hard or not.
It is for example the case for I/Os. By swapping them you truly optimize the routing.
That's a lot of time but your routing is getting better with the shortest tracks.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?