| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Problem with importing Altium 365 PCB

Hitech , 05-03-2022, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone!

I have been using Altium and Altium 365 for about 2 years now and recently got the following error. It worked fine a month ago but now if I try to open a PCB on the 365 server I get the following error. A bit more info about what I think the cause is. I have very little experience with Github(still a power engineering student) so I had to make my own GitHub repository and import it into my own local desktop. So I think while doing this I messed up something from my github server and the team server. I forgot to mention I am working on a student engineering project, hence how I got Altium and am using it by them.

Here is where it gets interesting the git project I made is a Python project for one of my other courses. It has nothing to do with PCB designing, So I am very confused. I can open the PCB on the web version, only when I try to open it on my Altium account I keep getting this error, for every PCB. I am not very software savvy, always focused on hardware so I might have accidentally done something really dumb when setting up the local repository. And yes I deleted the local repository, but it didn't help in fixing the problem sadly.

Any suggestions?
WhoKnewKnows , 05-03-2022, 03:57 PM
I'm guessing that the software giving you this error has nothing populated in the settings field where your GitHub repo's URL should be. It says invalid URL (double quote). The invalid URL it's having trouble with would normally be found between the quotes. Check where this information is supposed to be populated and verify that the right thing is there.
robertferanec , 05-06-2022, 05:47 AM
If you have the latest changes in cloud, I would just activate the project from the cloud again and place it into a different location. The local copy of the project can be somehow messed up.

If you don't have the latest changes in cloud, then I would find the local copy of the project, probably deleted everything connected to git an upload the project again (or something like that).
Hitech , 05-07-2022, 11:37 AM
Hi, @robertferanec and @WhoKnewKnows. Thank you both for taking the time in helping me solve this problem. It turns out that when I made a local copy of my project I somehow made a .gitconfig file in my C/user/Name folder which was directed to my Github account. After I deleted this file I was able to open PCBs from the 365 server onto my Altium again.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?