| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

How set default SchDoc in Project Templates

Tim51 , 06-29-2022, 03:09 PM
Is there a way to configure a project template so that when you add a new SchDoc to the project, the SchDoc is a Template SchDoc and not the Standard SchDoc?

The default process seems to add the Standard Altium SchDoc to the project but I want it to default to a Template SchDoc that I use often. Is that possible?

Preferences > Data Management > Templates > Defaults
seems to set my user preferance on this config. While this is nice, it does not solve the issue.

Thank you for the help,
qdrives , 07-01-2022, 03:08 PM
Did you also set the template to default?
If you move the mouse to where the arrow is, a button "set as default" appears to do so.

Tim51 , 07-18-2022, 10:37 AM
Hi @qdrives, thank you for the reply and sorry for the delayed response. I found that what I was trying to accomplish is not directly possible. Your suggestion does "work" but its not exactly what I was looking for.

My goal was to create a project template such that when opened the default settings like the one you have selected above were already configured and these were isolated to this specific project. This is ideal when working on multiple projects for different clients at a time or when on boarding a new employee or contractor, they can immediately start working within a configured environment. I know you can create a personal config file for AD that would capture the setting that you highlighted but I was hoping to have it all bundled in a singular file.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?