| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Finding instances of a component

cmconner , 08-10-2022, 02:23 PM
I am editing a particular component across a multi-page schematic. Is there a way to highlight or select that component- all instances- instead of hunting/searching for it on each page?
WhoKnewKnows , 08-10-2022, 09:51 PM
Perhaps select a component that needs the edit and right click on it and select "find similar" The dialog that pops up is a form you can use to identify every instance of this component. You can select whether it is found on the currently active sheet or on all sheets in the project. I would favor component ID as a way of isolating a particular component. Once the form is filled out, at the bottom pay attention to the settings like "select matching" and open properties panel. Then click the apply button. Every matching instance of the component should be selected and the properties panel should pop out if it's not already pinned. Next, use the properties panel to change whatever needs to be changed. Note that if you make a change in the properties panel with multiple schematic objects selected, that change will apply to all selected objects, so be careful. Good luck
qdrives , 08-10-2022, 03:28 PM
Have you tried the navigator panel?
You may need to validate the project before you see everything correctly in the navigator.
WhoKnewKnows , 08-10-2022, 09:51 PM
Perhaps select a component that needs the edit and right click on it and select "find similar" The dialog that pops up is a form you can use to identify every instance of this component. You can select whether it is found on the currently active sheet or on all sheets in the project. I would favor component ID as a way of isolating a particular component. Once the form is filled out, at the bottom pay attention to the settings like "select matching" and open properties panel. Then click the apply button. Every matching instance of the component should be selected and the properties panel should pop out if it's not already pinned. Next, use the properties panel to change whatever needs to be changed. Note that if you make a change in the properties panel with multiple schematic objects selected, that change will apply to all selected objects, so be careful. Good luck
cmconner , 08-11-2022, 04:38 AM
Thank you guys very much. Right clicking and selecting similar objects seems to work well. I can tailor the filter to select objects based on nearly any particular attribute.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?