| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

How to create footprint for the following component

nick38 , 12-30-2022, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I need to create a footprint for the following component. It's a bandpass filter called AM1750B1524​. I see that in the datasheet they made a drawing of the bottom but I'm not sure it the footprint has to be exactly the same as the drawing, also it seems to have notches that maybe they are used for pins, but I'm not sure. I'll attach an image. Any ideas?

Thanks!

WhoKnewKnows , 12-30-2022, 05:00 PM
Would you like to provide a courtesy link to the product info for this part?

Since this is relatively high frequency radio part I suspect the pad geometry will be critical to it's application. Usually the manufacturer provides a guide to its creation. You may find a prefab footprint from one of the usual suspects, like snapEDA. Have you already searched the Internets?
nick38 , 12-31-2022, 06:24 AM
Ok, after a lot of searching I found that it's called "castellated vias" and it seems like your could either solder them to a pad or you can also place a pin
qdrives , 01-01-2023, 08:57 AM
If I look at the picture of the component on https://anatechelectronics.com/1750-...ss-filter.html
I would guess it simply has 1 input, 1 output and the rest is Gnd
But it is very limited.
WhoKnewKnows , 01-01-2023, 12:24 PM
The same website that @qdrives links to also claims to have design guides but when I try to follow those links I get 404 errors 🤷

Meanwhile, another source for footprints might be from some of their get-it-right-first-time guidance, or, perhaps see if they have a demo board for this or similar part and perhaps look at the gerbers for this demo board. Worse comes to worst, you can buy the board and take it apart?

Good luck 🤞
qdrives , 01-02-2023, 12:55 PM
Did you try to contact them?
Paul van Avesaath , 01-05-2023, 07:32 AM
what you are seeying here is only the size off the device itself this is not the footprint aka recommended land pattern, you could contact them for it, but you can make it yourself from scratch based upon the drawing they supply. should not be to hard
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?