| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

About putting vias as stitching vias that disappear later on

mulfycrowh , 01-09-2023, 12:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I have put a lot of vias on my design yesterday.
I used standard vias as shielding vias.
I didn't use the option Tools > Via Stiching Shielding.
I find the automatic process not so good.

Today all my vias have disappeared!

Any idea?

Thanks

mulfycrowh , 01-09-2023, 05:38 AM
I am trying the automatic process.
AD places vias too much close from differential pairs and triggers clearance violation.

Is there a setting to avoid this?
qdrives , 01-09-2023, 01:37 PM
I once had that all my ground traces and vias were gone. Probably I was deleting some test layout and pressed the tab key twice, hit delete and all was gone.
Luckily, not that much was routed so I could copy it all from one of the backups.
Paul van Avesaath , 01-10-2023, 08:09 AM
not really sure what happend to your design, but if you enable the pcb backup functionality it saves a copy every X minutes of your design upto a certain amount you specify so you will not loose any work i usually have it set to 3 versions with a 10 minute interval.
mulfycrowh , 01-10-2023, 09:25 AM
@robertferanec Robert, how do you proceed with shielding vias on 12 or 16 layers projects?
I tried automated process but got many clearance violations.
Doing it manually is time consuming but you have a clean job.
robertferanec , 01-11-2023, 06:13 AM
@mulfycrowh I have never used automated via placement.
mulfycrowh , 01-16-2023, 10:49 AM
Is there a way in AD to add GND shielding vias based on the remaining possible locations?
I am asking because with a 12 layers, it is very time consuming to do it manually.
I think about the ability to define a disk centered on a via where other vias would be forbidden.
mulfycrowh , 01-19-2023, 09:19 AM
The more you add shielding vias, especially on very dense design, the more you get issues with power supplies planes.
How do you manage them?
robertferanec , 01-19-2023, 11:45 PM
The more you add shielding vias, especially on very dense design, the more you get issues with power supplies planes.
How do you manage them?​
- if there is no other option (e.g. bigger PCB, moving power supply closer to the load), then I try to find a compromise or sometimes e.g. under CPU, there is not really much to do.
Abdullah Ansari , 02-22-2023, 01:49 AM
You Can also do copy paste. Copy the via and go to Edit ---- paste special----Tick paste on current layer and copy net name ---- Paste array---- change item count --- and X grid.
Abdullah Ansari , 02-22-2023, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by mulfycrowh
Hi everyone,

I have put a lot of vias on my design yesterday.
I used standard vias as shielding vias.
I didn't use the option Tools > Via Stiching Shielding.
I find the automatic process not so good.

Today all my vias have disappeared!

Any idea?

Thanks
May be u have added stitching via on the trace and after adding while routing when you add another Via on the same trace then it will get removed.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?