| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium DRC Clearance Constraint Collision

nick38 , 01-10-2023, 07:09 AM
Hi,
I'm having the following errors on all the components of my PCB "Clearance Constraint Collision" but I have no idea what it means and how to fix this. I tried lots of different combinations in the Clearance section of the Design Rules but it never goes away. I also copied the same Clearance values from another similar project and it still wont go away. Any idea what this means and how to fix it?
Thanks!

robertferanec , 01-10-2023, 09:31 AM
You may need to setup basic clearance rule, looks like default. This video may help you: https://youtu.be/f7GP6NZs0Ok
nick38 , 01-10-2023, 02:53 PM
It doesnt matter what value I put in the clearance. I've tried 0mm, 10mm and it always show the same error. I'm not even sure what it means. The only thing that I see that changes is the diameter of the circle, but what does it mean?

This is how I have the clearances set up:

nick38 , 01-10-2023, 02:57 PM
What I did notice is that the violation only happends when the component is on the board. If I put the component outside of the board it goes away... 🤔
nick38 , 01-10-2023, 04:25 PM
I found the solution but I dont understand why this happend. What I noticed is that in the "3D Layout Mode" the PCB was missing, yes like it didn't exist. So after a long time playing with lots of options I noticed that when I go to the "Board Planning Mode" it said "Layer Stack Region 1 - NO STACK!" so I double clicked on the board and a new window popped up called "Board Region" I clicked OK and on the PCB now it says "Layer Stack Region 1 - Board Layer Stack". Now when I go into the 3D view the PCB shows up and all the clearence problems are gone.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?