| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

SI simulation tool?

JohnsonMiller , 04-22-2023, 12:38 AM
For the past few months, I have been working with HyperLynx to do SI analysis on a big board. During this time I saw many issues that information is not exchanged correctly or simulation results look faulty with respect to basic circuit theory.
I am not familiar with Sigrity, how do you compare it with Hyperlynx?
How I can export data to Sigrity from AD?
By your today's knowledge and experiences, which software do you choose for SI analysis?
robertferanec , 04-24-2023, 05:31 AM
I used to work in Hyperlynx and I have done some simulations in Sigrity .... depends on what you would are trying to simulate, but if standard simulations, it should not be necessary to do them in both. If results look faulty, it may be something with setup.

I would choose the one which could fit my budget. There are now number of companies doing simulation software (even companies like MathWorks), again, depends what you would like to simulate, but if standard things, the results between softwares should be similar.

If you are using Hyperlynx, that is a good software, you can keep using it.

For export / import, usually ODB++ are used.
JohnsonMiller , 04-26-2023, 09:39 AM
Thank you Robert,
I am using HyperLynx, problem is that stack up is not transferred correctly, each time have edit it, no matter exporting to .hyp or ODB++.
robertferanec , 05-01-2023, 01:48 AM
From this point of view, Cadence has integrated some simulations directly into Allegro - I am using it in this video: https://youtu.be/Bu4MirknEvo?t=414

It means, you only do all the setup once and you can easily run some simulations every time you make changes in PCB.
JohnsonMiller , 05-02-2023, 08:32 AM
@robertferanec, is SI tools integrated into the Allegro set or I have to install the Sigrity, along with Allegro?
robertferanec , 05-02-2023, 08:53 AM
Hmm, I don't remember the conditions. I have both installed - I am not sure if they need to be somehow connected, but I would say it is something extra in Allegro. The best is to ask your Cadence support.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?