| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Hidden names for through hole pads

MSleiman , 02-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Hi,

I have the names on my through hole pads (please see attached) got hidden today! (they used to show before). Any hints on how to let them 'shine' again ?

Thanks
mairomaster , 02-24-2016, 01:41 AM
Hi MSleiman,

That is very strange because it's only with the TH pads. Normally you can enable/disable the option from Design -> Board Layers & Colors -> View Options -> Show Pad Nets/Numbers. However that affects all the pads. Another strange thing is that there doesn't seem to be any holes in your TH pads (like with the vias on the screenshot).

First, when you open the properties window of a TH pad, do you think everything is normal? If you create and place a new TH pad, does it have the same problem? If you haven't tried you can restart Altium. Sometimes random problems appear which get fixed after a restart.
Comments:
robertferanec, 02-27-2016, 02:07 AM
I agree, a very strange error.
MSleiman , 02-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Hi mairomaster,

Pads seems fine in PCB library, pad properties too (please see attached). New added TH pads looks corrupted (gray-masked) as well!

I am using Altium 10, I will try opening it in Altium 14.

Thanks,
Mohammad
mairomaster , 02-25-2016, 12:58 AM
The layer tabs (at the top of the properties window) contain only top and bottom layer. I believe that is why the hole doesn't appear. Normally you should have at least Multi-Layer as well. I don't know how could have this happened though.
MSleiman , 02-25-2016, 08:55 AM
I turned on the all layers (including multi-layers) and nothing improved.
I 'saved as' the file and added it to the project, and still, gray pads.

But when i added a new PCB, and inserted components with TH pads, everything was fine!

Something wrong with my PCB file. Strange...
mairomaster , 04-06-2016, 02:59 AM
Might be a bit too late, but I believe I found the solution of the problem.

Design -> Board Layers & Colors -> System Colors Category -> Pad holes tick

The option might have become disabled in some way with your project.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?