| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Component manufacturer value from Supplier Library Search

chris007 , 03-24-2016, 05:22 AM
I have discovered today that we can use the Library Search Supplier to allocate data to component directly by clicking on them;

By searching component and then clicking on them in the schematic we can allocate data value from components manufacturer

1./ however I am wondering if there is a a way to make some of those value visibile in the schematic automatially (like the packaging and the name of the components). i have the manufacturer part number which appear automatically and I need to remove it one by one each time.

2./ Quite often the package type is also incuded in those value. Is there anyway to get those info of package type transmitted directly to footprintmanager ?

3./ Also when editing a component what is different between the field "Description" and the field "Comment" ,
robertferanec , 03-25-2016, 02:32 AM
3) Description gives you more information about the component and it's for example useful when you are searching in libraries. Comment is visible in Schematic.

2) I don't really know. I just write footprint names manually or use CTRL+C & CTRL+V

1) yes, you can make them visible. Go to your library, double click on a component (so you can see it's parameters), double click on a parameter and check "Visible". See the screenshots:

chris007 , 03-25-2016, 03:10 AM
Is there a way to choose automatically which fiedl is validated as visbie ?
In my case the part number of manufacturer appear visible automatically where I would prefere to get packaging footprint and value of the component to appear visibile automatically
robertferanec , 03-25-2016, 03:13 AM
I don't really know.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?