| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Problem when ouputting gerber file

chris007 , 05-23-2016, 06:59 AM
I have a problem when I export in Gerber file my PCB design.
For an unbknown reason two of my layers (the inner one) are appearing very strangely when exported.
I also notice that CAM editor display strangely with black line after the Output Gerber file have been generated.
Does anyone has an idea where it may come from ?
I am ready to post my files here if neessary for someone to have a look...
robertferanec , 05-23-2016, 07:45 AM
@chris007 Could you zoom in? Could you also double click on the polygon and copy&paste here the window with polygon settings?
chris007 , 05-25-2016, 04:39 AM
I think the problem was coming from settings. but I still see some issue when I output gerber files it seems several layer are combined together look at here: it looks like the mechanical layer is mixed with my top layer.
chris007 , 05-25-2016, 04:41 AM
Here is the file who give me trouble since several days
mairomaster , 05-25-2016, 05:58 AM

At this step make sure you don't select any of the mechanical layers in the right sight of the window. That would make them overlap all other layers in the gerber files. I managed to export gerbers from your PCB without a noticeable problem.

However, I noticed you have some dimension, layer stack table, etc, on your signal layers. I would normally not recommend that. In my opinion it is good to use your signal layers only for electrical primitives on the PCB - tracks, planes, polygons, pads, etc. Dimension, drawings, additional information and such you can put to mechanical layers.

Hope that helps.
chris007 , 05-25-2016, 06:58 AM
Hi,
Yes, the best is probably to remove the mechanical layer at this moment. But how do you explain the signal layer and mechanical layers are stick together on signal layer when I export to gerber ?
mairomaster , 05-25-2016, 07:04 AM
You didn't understand me right. They are stick together, because you probably have them enabled in the right column of the attached screenshot from my previous post. Just don't select them there (as they are not selected in my screenshot) and it should be fine. Apart from that it is ok to keep your mechanical layers, they are useful.
robertferanec , 05-25-2016, 07:56 AM
@chris007 please, could you post screenshot from your jobfile gerber settings as @mairomaster mentioned? That could be the problem.
chris007 , 05-25-2016, 08:03 AM
ok, i understood now. I will make a try with and without to compare, but I think, you are probably right yes. thank you for your help
JohnsonMiller , 07-03-2016, 01:19 AM
Robert, for GERBER viewing you recommend ViewMate, while therr is same capability inside AD. Was there any technical reason to change the tool?
robertferanec , 07-03-2016, 05:39 PM
I like to double check the outputs in a different software. I do not want 100% rely on Altium only - just in case there is a bug or something in Altium. But, you can use Altium gerber viewer, no problem, this is my personal preference.
JohnsonMiller , 07-04-2016, 12:45 AM
Thank you Robert, "my personal preference" which completely make sense and from management point of view is strongly recommended to double check the design/data by third person who is not involved in design process, true?
robertferanec , 07-04-2016, 11:11 AM
I was referring to a third party software, but yes, if possible it is good to get your design reviewed by a third person too. For example, I always review all the boards which Martin designs.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?