| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

PCB Library

Norbert , 06-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Hi,
I am using and old pcb library that has about 500 components. I created new mechanical layers and would like to move drawing from one layer to another. Is there a command to do this for all components or do I have to do it manually one by one for all components?
mairomaster , 06-05-2016, 05:17 PM
In the PCB library, when you go to the filter you can select a tick box on the top or something like that, which makes the whole library to be the scope. Then you can use filter like OnLayer('Mechanical Layer 3') for example to select all primitives. After you select them just change their layer from the PCB Inspector.
Comments:
robertferanec, 06-06-2016, 01:00 AM
Wow, I didn't know that!
Norbert , 06-06-2016, 03:21 PM
Thank you.
JohnsonMiller , 07-15-2016, 01:50 PM
In PCB library, is there any possibility to put measurement or coordinate information, similar to what we do in board design? aim is just documentation and compliance check with datasheet.
I guess it is possible in Allegro, what about Altium?
mairomaster , 07-15-2016, 02:59 PM
In my libraries I use a separate mechanical layer for footprint origins. I mark the origin of the footprint with an X symbol, where the cross of the lines sits exactly at the footprint origin (coordinates 0,0). That could be eventually useful to the assembly people as well.

Apart from that I don't think you normally need any other information in the footprint, such as measurements and coordinate labels.
robertferanec , 07-19-2016, 05:32 PM
I agree with @mairomaster, you can use one of the Mechanical layers for this purpose. That should not be a problem.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?