| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium shortcut

tamito , 07-13-2016, 02:24 PM
When I route signal and want to change layer, I normally press '+' which give me via and lower layer. In case I have to work on my laptop without numpad, how can I reconfigure this shortcut?
robertferanec , 07-13-2016, 02:59 PM
This is what I found ( see http://www.eevblog.com/forum/altium/...-issues-18647/ ):
To create the shortcut to place a via and change layer while interactive routing: (in exchange of num+ and num-)

1. right click on main toolbar (just underneath menu bar)
2. click on "Customize..."
3. in the tab "Commands" (normally already open), click on the tab "NEW" at the bottom
4. in the 'Action' plane after "Process", click "Browse" and find and select : "PCB:SetCurrentLayer"
5. in the 'Action' plane after "Parameters" click on the dropdown and select : "LayerName = Next"
6. in the 'Shortcuts' plane, click in the region after 'Primary', and type the key, or combination you want to place a via and change to the next layer. (==> exchange of num+)

repeat the whole thing (step one to six) but in number 5 : "LayerName = Previous" and a different key in step 6. (==>exchange of num-)
Done!!

tamito , 07-13-2016, 03:59 PM
Thank you Robert.
robertferanec , 07-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Did it work?
tamito , 07-13-2016, 04:19 PM
Yes, it does. I don't need to change via size everytime I create new via. It already follows the rule.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?