| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Supplier Mouser Extension - it takes forever to reload or update infos

Lorien , 07-15-2016, 08:11 AM
Hello guys,
I'm working with Altium 16.1.9 built 221 but with Supplier Mouser extension updated from Altium Designer 16.1.10 Build 233. This was made because the later variant acted strangely on my PC thus the downgrade. Anyway, in any of the circumstances (Altium 16.1.9 AND Altium 16.1.10) the generated BOM file takes forever to reload and update the required informations when Mouser sourced parts are included within. I ran few tests and I could clearly see that TME and Farnell servers are moving okay (thus BOM file is released faster) but when I'm including a part from Mouser my PC simply stops. Obviously, I'll get the resulting BOM after a couple of minutes of waiting but this didn't happened before! I know that because my design is continuously updated and couple of months ago things ran smoothly.
Not to mention that I'm also having problems with my symbol library: if I do import a part from Mouser to build up its related symbol and, while I'm setting up the required parameter informations, I'll click on another symbol, when I'll revert back to Mouser part I have to wait... again... a couple of minutes to simply reload that damn symbol.
Do any of you have the same problem with Mouser and if yes, it is a way to bypass this time consuming process?
Thank you,
Lucian
robertferanec , 07-15-2016, 11:57 AM
In recent weeks, couple of people have sent me emails about problems with Mouser in Altium. Maybe Mouser really has some issues with their servers or database or maybe they do some changes.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?