| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Schematics Hierarchy

Jorge , 10-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Hello, mr robert; I have a question about the course, i have been trying to do a hierarchy between my schematic sheets like it is done in your design, but even looking on internet, they use some components and do connections between them but you don't use it, i just want to have a top sheet and a top-down hierarchy for the rest. how i could do it? I have seen that you use differents sheets symbols and then you use "Synchronize sheets and ports", i have done it but nothing happens, just appears a new menu without errors.
robertferanec , 10-03-2015, 06:15 AM
Hello @Jorge, if you would like to add the sheet entries go to your schematic and: Right click on a sheet symbol -> Sheet Symbol Actions -> Synchronize Sheet Entries and Ports (see the attached screenshot)

Some time ago I discovered, that in Altium I don't have to do the connections between sheet symbols / entries and everything is still connected properly. If you like, you can use it, but I prefer the way without it. It saves me a lot of time (you don't have to draw the connections between sheet entries, and you don't have to re-draw it when you change it) and it minimize number of mistakes (I have seen mistakes done on Hierarchy level connecting wrong sheet entries or misspelling a net name).

I am not sure what do you mean by "component" in " they use some components and do connections between them".

If you would like to experiment, have a look at our iMX6 Rex project and download the Altium files.

Jorge , 10-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Thanks Robert, I have tried it, but my page appears empty. why could it be?
robertferanec , 10-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Maybe it is because you are trying Block Diagram page? There must be some Ports used on the page, otherwise it will be empty.
Comments:
Jorge, 10-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Probably your are right Robert, when i started with this design, i didn't use ports, only net labels, so probably that's why Altium doesn't detect ports.Thanks!
robertferanec , 10-04-2015, 03:01 AM
Please @Jorge, let us know if adding ports helped. Thank you.
Comments:
robertferanec, 10-19-2015, 12:31 AM
That's great!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?