| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Changing Net name on many pages

Norbert , 08-04-2016, 11:38 AM
I have a power net name named VCC3.3 on 12 pages that I want to change to +3V3. is there a simpler way to do this rather than changing them manually one by one?

I found a way to solve the problem. I use the SCHLIST and went to "all types of bject" then selected "power object" then in the list a select all those nets and go to SCHLIB inspector to change the name. If anyone has a better way of doing it please let me know.
Thank you
Norbert , 08-04-2016, 07:04 PM
I found a way to solve the problem. I use the SCHLIST and went to "all types of bject" then selected "power object" then in the list a select all those nets and go to SCHLIB inspector to change the name. If anyone has a better way of doing it please let me know.
Thank you
mairomaster , 08-05-2016, 01:43 AM
Two alternative ways (I think better):

1. Ctrl + G (find and replace) - search for VCC3.3, replace with +3V3, project documents, all objects, all identifiers (will include ports as well in case you use such), case sensitive, whole words only.

2. Right click on the net and select find similar objects, after that select Same for the text field. Select project documents and mark the appropriate tick boxes. That would select all such net labels in the project.

I prefer the first way since it changes power port names as well, and other types of objects in some cases where you use them. You have to be a bit careful though not to create a mess with such mass changes. Take a look at the message window after the operation is done to check the changes.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?