| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Update route

JohnsonMiller , 08-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Hi,

Need help for line editing, after route.
Using TAB key I can select all segment of a line in PCB, then I need to change a parameter for all segments, line width, for example, any method? If I use right click and then property, it just change one segment not all segments!

BR,
mairomaster , 08-22-2016, 01:34 AM
You can use the PCB Inspector for that. Enable it from the bottom right corner: PCB -> PCB Inspector.
robertferanec , 08-23-2016, 07:32 AM
Yes, once you have the track selected, you can use PCB Inspector. Do not forget. You may need to deselect different kind of objects (PCB inspector only shows the common parameters for the selected objects and if you have track and VIA selected, you may not see the "width" parameter). This means, before you go to PCB Inspector, you may want to use "IsTrack" filter and "Apply to selected".
JohnsonMiller , 08-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Thank you very much guys, your help saved me time and more importantly nerves!
JohnsonMiller , 08-26-2016, 12:03 AM
Hi Guys,

Is this true that manufacture may change line width when we ask for impedance tuning?! Previously I was thinking that only stack up is subject to change.

BR,
mairomaster , 08-26-2016, 01:57 AM
What do you mean by impedance tuning?

If you already have a stack and ask the manufacturer for an updated one, they might need to change it to suit their materials/technology. This change might require changing the track geometry to keep good impedance values. If the new track width is smaller, with single ended signals usually it won't be a problem to change it (it could be a bit more effort with differential signals). If the new track width is bigger though, you might have some clearance issues after updating it.
robertferanec , 08-28-2016, 07:12 AM
Is this true that manufacture may change line width when we ask for impedance tuning?! Previously I was thinking that only stack up is subject to change.
Yes, they can do that, but I try to avoid it. Once they start playing with your track geometry or stackup to meet your impedance requirements, you are loosing control over your PCB. This means, there may be differences between your PCBs batches or when you decide to change your PCB manufacturer (the other words, you can get different qualities of PCBs which some of them may behave wierd).

If PCB manufacturer says, that they need to change your track geometry it usually means they can not do your stackup. In this case, if I would like to stick up with the PCB manufacturer I will re-do the track geometry and stackup in our documentation the way it meets their requirements, so they do not have to do any changes in the manufacturing data.
MSleiman , 04-18-2019, 04:13 PM
Hi Guys!
Anyone knows where is the PCB Inspector in Altium 19.0?
thanks!
robertferanec , 04-25-2019, 05:14 AM
PCB Inspector in AD18 and higher was replaced by Properties Panel (properties panel behaves as inspector panel).
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?