| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium 13.4 Crashing after doing multiple Supplier Searches

abarnai , 08-22-2016, 09:12 AM
I just started using the Supplier Search functionality in Altium Designer as I am taking the 'Switching Power Supply Design Course' and I was in for a surprise:
I did manage to get all the Supplier Search data as expected, but in-between some supplier searches my internet connection to the router over Wi-Fi kept breaking, and I had to keep
going into the Windows 7 control panel and reset the network adaptor and re-connect. But, I just kept going, because I seemed to be working otherwise. Then eventually I got a 'blue
screen of death' and had to re-boot the computer, when came the next surprise: My SCH library was fine, but I got a single small default size blank page for my schematics page included in the project. I kept saving while all the trouble was happening with the connection, so luckily I could go back to a zipped version of the schematics that was saved as a backup automatically by Altium, so I did not lose my work. In the meantime my license was coming and going, I had messages regarding inability to connect to the Altium server, etc.

See attached screen shots sequence. Anybody has seen this, do you know what it is caused by? And what can I do about it?

Thanks.
robertferanec , 08-23-2016, 08:07 AM
License: I am not sure if this helps, but when I am using Altium with no or poor Internet connection I use "Roam" (DXP -> My Account -> Roam).
Supplier search: I do not know how to help here
abarnai , 08-23-2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks. I will do that.I think something is messed up about the network connection on this Windows partition I was using. It was slow with other programs as well. (Too bad Altium doesn't run on Ubuntu Mate Linux, which I mostly use for anything else.)
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?