| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Checkerboard Highlight and Deleting Accidental Connection

abarnai , 08-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Hope you don't mind my several questions. This Altium GUI is very over-complicated to me... Maybe I am the problem.
I have brown highlight colour set for GND as you see in screen shot from the PCB panel. If I check the GND net in the PCB Panel, the brown checker-box pattern will show up. If I un-check it
the brown colour will go away completely. Can I make this net brown colour in the design, even when it is not highlighted with the selected check box?

I did get to this brown colour by right-clicking on net in PCB panel list of nets and picking 'Change Net Color'.

Also, when moving a via, I accidentally touched it to a trace or pin, and it automatically assumed the net name of that. Can you set it up that it doesn't happen, or otherwise break the net connection if you have one? (I don't seem to be able to select the net line and hit delete - that could be logical, right?
(I know I can delete the via and place a new one, I am just wondering if you can delete ANY net line connection in PCB somehow.)
robertferanec , 08-30-2016, 06:11 PM
It is intentionally made BROWN + Layer color when you zoom in. When you zoom out, the color will be brown. If you like, you can make it brown all the time: DXP -> Preferences -> PCB Editor -> Board Insight Color Overrides -> Solid

The VIA: I am not sure what your settings are, but in my Altium moving VIA would not pick up net name, it would show violation.
abarnai , 08-31-2016, 10:33 AM
Thank you. It worked in the settings like you described. I am not going to worry about the via, just delete it.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?