| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Creating A Repository out of an Altium Installation

abarnai , 09-01-2016, 02:12 PM
What I am looking for is how to get to the dialog box to create a repository of an installed version. Online instructions from Altium say:

To create a repository:
1. Display the Storage Manager panel
2. Right-click and select Create Repository
3. Specify a directory to contain the Subversion repository in the dialog shown below. Note the
Repository Type option, unless you are familiar with Berkeley databases it is recommended to
use the Native Filesystem option.

I can do point #1 by clicking the 'System' tab and check-marking 'Storage Manager'.
Then, no matter where I right-click inside the 'Storage Manager' 'Create Repository' will never come up as a pop-up menu.

I don't know what the storage manager does, but it seem to do something with the project that's open and focused.
It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Altium installations.

Where do I click to create the repository?

What is wrong here?

By 'repository' I mean the set of files in a folder that can be used to re-install the particular version of Altium Designer.

Thanks.

mairomaster , 09-02-2016, 02:13 AM
It doesn't seem to work with me either. I only have the option "add to version control".
abarnai , 09-02-2016, 08:16 AM
I will ask my boss to create an Altium support ticket for this and try what they say and let you know. He has support subscription. I canceled mine when they annoyed me with not telling me the truth about Altium to hide bugs and sending me 'Google search' results as 'support'.
abarnai , 09-02-2016, 08:32 AM
In Altium 13 it is ->DXP ->Plug-ins and Updates -> Tools ->Create Installation Repository. In Altium 14 they removed that menu from ->DXP. menu. That's why we need to ask.
abarnai , 09-02-2016, 03:59 PM

@mairomaster : I found out that AD14 and above do not include the option to create an installation repository from an installation . Offline installers are available for download from Altium support, as long as you have a current Altium support subscription.
mairomaster , 09-02-2016, 06:56 PM
By the way why do you need a repository of the installation?
abarnai , 09-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Repositories or offline install files are nice, because if you install a program once, through a web downloader and then you don't have to download it again when re-install. With a web downloader also you never know what you get the next day, either. (Some bugs fixed, some new ones created and added...) It is the same idea like having a DVD: The bits will never change, installed once, installed again. I like that idea.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?