| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Moving components accurately

angelsix , 10-10-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm finding the way Altium positions things very difficult to use.

The main thing is I have a 40x40mm component. I zoom in and want to move it just 0.5mm. The grid is on 0.5mm and I click then drag the component. Doing that instantly jumps the view to the origin point of that part and starts it moving from there. So it makes it almost impossible to just move something a small amount or aligning things as the move jumps your view and cursor position every time.

martinmurin , 10-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Hello @angelsix,

you may find useful one of the methods which we are using in similar situations:

1) Double click on the component and adjust the coordinate manually in the Component Properties part.

2) Click on the component to select it. While holding CTRL key and using cursors you can move the component to the next point of the grid (in your case you will move it by 0.5mm).

3) Select the component and press key M. From appeared menu select Move selection by X, Y... . Here you can type the adjustment which you need:
angelsix , 10-12-2015, 06:51 AM
Martin,

Thanks. That is sooo useful that would of saved me hours yesterday trying to position my components. Using the combination above has made is so much easier. Thanks for sharing.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?