| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

layer stack manager

fatemehjml , 09-02-2015, 04:02 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm using Altiume designer 15.1.
Layer stack manager is completely different from what you explain in your courses. However options are as the same but there are some settings for dielectric even we add a layer, which I don't know what to do. Also I couldn't find a place where I can connect new layer to GND net.

Thanks in advance.
robertferanec , 09-02-2015, 04:14 AM
@fatemehjml I made a video about it. It will help you: Altium – Stackup Manager (The New & Old Way)

Basically, if you would like to assign a net to a plane layer, you need to go to your PCB, switch to the layer where your plane is located and double click on the plane. A popup window will show up and you can assign a net to it.
triggsargo , 09-05-2019, 08:49 AM
I am doing the ISL6236 Demo training. I'm on Video 4 at the 59 or so min mark. When I select L2, or L5, and double click in the work area, the net selection box does not pop up. These layers are set to Plane (not signal). I am using Altium 19.1.5 in case that matters. I'm not sure if I missed doing something preventing me from assigning a net to a plane, etc. (I did go back some and didn't see anything I missed) any Ideas? Thank you!
robertferanec , 09-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Hmm, when you go on the plane layer, then double click on the plane should work. Just tested it in AD 19.1.7:

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?