| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Problem with Creating ODB++ with Altium - Stuck in the 'Cloud'

abarnai , 09-28-2016, 08:37 PM
The PCB manufacturers and assemble houses we are going to work with require that we use ODB++ for CAM. What always seems to be a problem for me when creating an OutJob in Altium that even though I seem to be able to set up an OutJob folder to output to with ODB++ instead of generating the content when clicking on 'Generate' Altium comes up with this 'Manage Publishing' screen.

Is there any way to disable this super annoying default 'Output to Cloud' feature in Altium Designer 14,
or if not, what am I doing wrong here with setting up this folder structure?

I think it is already specified the output folder clearly as a sub-folder of the project folder. I just want the files... no 'clouds' or 'rain'. Just files. Really frustrated with this. Thanks for your help.
abarnai , 09-28-2016, 08:54 PM
I think I got it figured out: You have to click on it 'Cross-Eyed'. See screen shot: God 'bless' the people who came up with this 'smart' GUI.... I will try it with the other project tomorrow, I don't have it here, just to make sure I got it right...

Still any way to disable these publish to cloud features in Altium 14?
abarnai , 09-29-2016, 09:28 AM
It turns out it doesn't always show up cross-ways. It works fine, always, though. It is just 'designed to confuse', but now I know better.
robertferanec , 10-01-2016, 07:38 AM
So, does it work oki now? I have never really noticed "Output to Cloud", so I was not sure what you mean.
abarnai , 10-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Yes it works now. Thank you for looking. I just meant that if you don't do it right it seems to want to put it somewhere in some 'Vault on the Cloud'. Something useless, and just to let
them watch what you are doing.... (Big brother is watching... ) I have no idea why something like that would be advantageous to you.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?