| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

ERM

JohnsonMiller , 12-23-2016, 03:11 AM
Hi Guys,

It looks that for team design and better data management, designer prefer to use ERP system and ODBC (not sure about later) for library management. Also in parallel Altium offers Vault system.
I went through web search, but since subject are shared with some other computer science so I got flooded with information! Wondering can you provide some more information about ERP or possibly pointing us to a training?
Thank you in advance.
robertferanec , 12-23-2016, 11:49 AM
@JohnsonMiller, I have never solved this problem. I had a look at different databases and different systems how to manage the libraries and components (and I tested some), but I have not found a solution which I wanted. However, that was a while ago, and now maybe there are some good solutions.

Any ideas?
JohnsonMiller , 12-23-2016, 01:27 PM
I am also not found a dependable method, each has own issues and missing some feature,
Current case is to use Microsoft Access, by building schematic and pcb library independently without any parameter, then connect them through a MS Access database then add missing parameter and information in the MS Access database and finally use the resulted .dblib in schematic page; the component appear in schematic with all parameters extracted from database.
this is what I got till now. I was planning to try this method by myself, and asked the above question to see if you guys know the flow or starting point, or if you have some other ideas?

BR,
robertferanec , 12-25-2016, 09:57 AM
I know Randy Clemmons was working on a system, maybe have a look or you could ask him for an advice: https://pcbparts.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?