| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

SAVING FILES

raghu , 01-20-2017, 11:47 PM
Hi every one.
I m using Protel 99 SE software for PCB designing and shifting to Altium. and now i m facing a problem in using altium09.
When i m saving the the last work it was not properly saving. I always need to use save as and rename it, and if i use save all then only PCB file is saving in .rar file in that no .Sch file.

I m facing problem with this please can any one help me to do in a proper why because i m not able to find what mistake i was doing.
robertferanec , 01-22-2017, 10:40 AM
I do not have Protel, so I am not really sure how to help. But maybe someone else knows?
Comments:
raghu, 01-23-2017, 12:21 AM
thank you, i think you can help me with altium.. how to save last work in a proper way and maintain project documents.
mairomaster , 01-23-2017, 01:43 AM
If you open your project and any documents in it, using Save All should save anything that needs to be saved. That is the most reliable way to test it in my opinion. If you use Save only, it will save only the opened document which is currently selected.

Apart from that I will highly recommend moving to a newer version of Altium if possible - preferably 16. I haven't used 09 myself, but I know that many things are better in the present versions.
Comments:
raghu, 01-23-2017, 09:24 PM
thank you for your guidance , when i m going to file i m able to see - save, save as, save copy as and save all.once if i click on save all, then it wont come again. and the problem is it is saving the last work not present work so every time i m using save as to make it updated.and it is saving in a .rar file.i m learning by my self and cant afford the cost of new versions.can you help me to find out how can i get new version in a very affordable price?!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?