| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

metal shield over the PCB

fatemehjml , 01-26-2017, 12:57 AM
Dear Robert

I have seen many boards which was shielded by a metal over the whole PCB or over a especial place of the board. How we can implement this by altium? which company do this job for us? How much it cost for us?
Regards,
robertferanec , 01-26-2017, 11:36 AM
I do not know any specific companies, but you may probably google them. I have seen couple of them on PCB West last year. However, I am not sure how much it cost.

To create support for shielding should not be a problem. Draw a GND track stitched with VIAs and add some holes to solder down the shield. Do not forget to unmask the track. However, there may be also some other techniques - I would probably check out several other boards to see how they do it.
jingyiprecision , 02-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by fatemehjml
Dear Robert

I have seen many boards which was shielded by a metal over the whole PCB or over a especial place of the board. How we can implement this by altium? which company do this job for us? How much it cost for us?
Regards,

There is two shields type ,shielding frame and shielding cover , The frame is welding on the PCB board ,The cover is easy to move if need maintain.
Normal there are two material ,Nickel silver and tinplate , It's depend on your needs , You can try www.jingyiprecision.com to know more about it .
mnpebm , 03-08-2018, 02:40 PM
This company has a number of interesting products that might stimulate your thinking. I have used the SMT clips that we then placed a custom shield onto which was covering and switching power supply.

Surface Mount, supplied in Tape and Reel packaging. Compatible with simple 5-sided cans for easy can assembly.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?