| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

how to take off top layer soldering pads so that only T/H & silkscreen can be seen

harishkumar0810 , 01-29-2017, 06:31 AM
Dear Robert thanks for the support also i need to ask another help..in my pcb there is no soldering on top surface all tracks and pads to solder are there only at bottom but when i selected through hole components it asked for both top and bottom pads and i specified the dimensions for both it also shows multilayer. But what i need is only bottom soldering pads, and in top only through hole should be seen. i ve attached an image of my original pcb and my design in altium pls have a reference. Thank you. sorry for asking u directly instead of forum as it was urgent.

Thank you.
mairomaster , 01-30-2017, 01:54 AM
I don't think there is very elegant way to do this in Altium. The reason being is that you normally you always have 2 layers, even if you just have pads on the second layer. If you want the board to be manufactured as a true single layer board, you can just not send the gerber file for your top layer, and speak to your manufacturer about that.

Normally it's good to have the second layer as well, at least for the pads. That makes the holes a bit more rigid and more importantly - helps for a better solder joint, since the solder can flow through the plated hole.
robertferanec , 01-30-2017, 10:05 AM
As @mairomaster is suggesting, simply just do not send the Top Layer to the PCB manufacturer. They should be fine it it.

However, once you are manufacturing PCB in a professional PCB manufacturing company, double check what is price difference between 1 and 2 layer PCB. Difference may be very small and having 2 layers is better than 1.
Comments:
harishkumar0810, 02-02-2017, 03:59 AM
Sir bottom layer track and pad both are blue color. i want to change pad color pls help
mairomaster , 02-03-2017, 02:48 AM
I don't know if you can do that at all, but there is a trick that you can use. If you click on the Bottom Solder / Bottom Paste layer in the bottom pane, they will appear on top of all other layers and you will be able to see the pads. If you want to make that permanent, you can change the drawing order of the layers by right clicking on a layer and selecting Layer Drawing Order.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?